MFAC is excited to announce that Agility and Flyball foundation training and lessons are coming in September. Learn, bond and get fit with your best friend. Positive training with instructors that strive to create a fun, competitive environment.
We love sharing our experience and knowledge with new Flyball and Agility people. Sign up and we’ll get you started on foundational skills that can be used everyday to foster an awesome relationship between you and your dog while learning some fun flyball or agility skills.
- Agility lessons teach your dog how to do the different pieces of equipment safely and with speed and how to focus on you while running.
- The lessons teach you how to motivate and control your dog on and between each obstacle. At more advanced levels the training focuses on your handling skills, teaching you how to get the best performance from your dog.
- Matsqui Flyball & Agility Club uses positive training methods, with lots of praise and rewards for the dog. The instructor does not teach your dog, but shows you how to be the teacher.
- Flyball is a fast paced, high energy sport for both dogs and their owners. This class will introduce you and your dog to the beginning flyball skills including building blocks for a box turn, retrieve, and a fast recall.
- Flyball happens in a busy environment so your dog will get the foundations to work around distractions and to develop a solid recall with other moving dogs nearby.
- Dogs must be able to work around other dogs. Dogs may not show aggression to other dogs or people.
Please note: Flyball training for rookie dogs is currently on-going.
If you are interested in the training program that the Matsqui Flyball & Agility Club (MFAC) offers, please complete and submit the Training Inquiry form below. Our lesson coordinator will contact you upon receipt.
- Dogs must be at least one year of age to participate.
- Applicants should be aware that vaccinations are recommended by MFAC.
- Dogs must be able to ‘sit’, ‘stay’ and come when called.
- Please keep your dogs on leash and under control at all times and tell us if your dog has issues with other dogs or people.
- If you have an aggressive dog, we ask that you seek assistance from a trainer that specializes in behaviour training prior to registration.
- Prior to any training, we encourage all attendees to review our club’s Rules of Conduct in order to foster a positive training experience for all participants.